Korean Journal of Oriental Medicine (한국한의학연구원논문집)
- Volume 15 Issue 3
A 4 week Randomized, Double-blind Human Trial to Compare the Efficacy and Safety of Aureobasidium pullulans Cultured Solution and Placebo on Improvement of Immune in Subjects
흑효모배양액 분말의 면역관련 사이토카인에 미치는 영향에 대한 무작위 배정 임상연구
- Choi, Hae-Yun (Department of Internal Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Daegu Haany University) ;
- Kim, Jong-Dae (Department of Internal Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Daegu Haany University) ;
- Park, Mee-Yeon (Department of Internal Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Daegu Haany University)
- Received : 2009.10.22
- Accepted : 2009.12.19
- Published : 2009.12.31
-glucan is a fiber-type complex sugar (polysaccharide) derived from the cell wall of baker’s yeast, oat and barley fiber, and many medicinal mushrooms, such as maitake. The primary uses of -glucan are to enhance the immune system, to lower blood cholesterol levels and to treat tumor. -glucan has no systemic toxicity in mice, therefore it needed clinical trail to prove efficacy and safety for human. The subjects total 56 healty volunteers were divided into two groups including taken -glucan tablet group and placebo group. Subjects were taken two tablets per oral for 4 weeks. They had agreed to take part in this experiment, and didn’t take any other clinical trail products. After 4 weeks blood of subjects were checked. The check list are TNF-, INF-, IL-2, IL-4, total WBC, differential WBC, RBC, hemoglobin, platelet, MCV, MCH, MCHC, HCT, Na, K, Ca, Cl, AST, ALT, ALP, -GTP, total protein, triglyceride, total cholesterol, total bilirubin, albumin, uric acid, creatinine, BUN, pH, protein, glucose, ketone body, blood, bilirubin. We evaluated efficacy by cytokines that compare before and after taking. Collected data were analyzed as two sample t-test, chi-square test and ANOVA using SAS V.9.1.This study results are that in TNF- of efficacy measurement item, all of two groups figure were increased significantly compare to before figure. In IL4 of efficacy measurement item, experimental group figure were decreased significantly but placebo group figure were increased. The conclusions show that based on the above results, -glucan has favorable effect to enhance immune system, especially IL4 results showed that it has effect to improve the allergic immune system.
-glucan;IL4;Immune system;Clinical Trial
- Browder IW, Williams DL, Kitahama A, Di Luzio NR, Modification of post-operative C. albicans sepsis by glucan immunostimulation, Int J Immunopharmacol, 1984;6:19-26. https://doi.org/10.1016/0192-0561(84)90030-4
- Petersen RD, Reinhold W, Tyborczyk J, Cyyokines in cosmetology, Cosmetics and Toiletries Magazine, 1997;112:165-169.
- Mi-Sun So, Jin-Sil Lee and Seh-Yoon Yi, Induction of Nitric Oxide and Cytokines in Macrophages by Codonopsis lanceolata, Korean J. Food Sci. Technol, 2004;36:986-990.
- Brightling CE, Symon FA, Birring SS, Bradding P, Pavord ID, and Wardlaw AJ, TH2 cytokine expression in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid T lymphocytes and bronchial submucosa is a feature of asthma and eosinophilic bronchitis, J Allergy Clin Immunol, 2002;110(6):899-905. https://doi.org/10.1067/mai.2002.129698
- Hyesook Ryu, Junghee Kim, Hyunsook Kim, Effect of a plant water extract mixture on mouse immune cell activation, Korean J. Food & Nutr, 2007;20:74-48.
- Gyungmi Park, Jonggook Lim. A literatural study on immunity, Dongguk J. The Institute of Oriental Medicine. 1999;8:1-33.
- Fischer, Alain, Have We Seen the Last Variant of Severe Combined Immunodeficiency?, The New England Journal of Medicine, November 2003;6:1789.
- Proctor JW, Stiteler RD, Yamamura Y, Mansell PWA, Winters R, Effect of glucan and other adjuvants on the clearance of radiolabelled tumor cells from mouse lungs, 1978;62:1873-1880.
- Jincheon Sik, Kangseong Do, Jeonghyun Woo, The effect of Salviae Radix on immunocytes and tumor cell lines, Korean J. oriental medical patholigy, 1998;12:125.
- Sungkee Jo, Chakwon Chung, Myoungwoo Byun, Effects of Hyebaton, an extract from herb mixture containing sunflower, on immune activity and metabolism of glucose and lipid, food industry and nutrition, 2002;7:27.
- Michael M, David M, Deborah BR, Matthew L, Kristen L, Willian G, Myra P, William M, Activation of rat macrophages by betafectin PGG-glucan requires cross-linking of membrane receptors distinct from complement receptor three, J. Leukocyte Biology, 1998;64:337-344.
- Di Luzio NR, Williams DL, Mcnamee RP, Edwards BF, Kitahama A, Comparative tumor-inhibitory and anti-baterial activity of soluble and particulate glucan, Int. J. Cancer, 1979;24:773-779. https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.2910240613
- Immunodeficiency(primary and secondary), septicaemia. patient UK.
- Eric JO, Joseph ES, Natalie GH, Orleen AH, Andrew HL, Fungal -glucan interacts with vitronectin and stimulates tumor nectosis factor alpha release from macrophages, Infection and Immunity, 1996;64:3548-3554.
- Hoyert DL, Kochanek KD, Murphy SL. Deaths, final data for 1997, Natl Vital Stat Rep. 1999;47:1-104.
- 전국한의과대학 폐계내과학교실. 동의폐계내과학, 서울:국진출판사, 459-60, 480.
- GLU-CPA, Immunomodulatory Effects of -Glucans Originated from Aureobasidium pullulans SM-2001 on the CPA-induced Immunosuppress Mice, Department of Herbal Biotechnology; Daegu Haany University, Regular Report. 2006:1-45 (Responsible scientist: Lee HS).
- KFDA. 건강기능식품 인정현황
- Benach JL, Habicht GS, Holbrook TW, Cook JA, Glucan as an adjuvant for a murine Babesia microti immunization trial, Infect Immun, 1982;35:947-51.
- Cooper, Megan A., Thomas L. Pommering, and Katalin Koranyi, Primary Immunodeficiencies, American Family Physician November, 2003;15:2001.
- Hyesook Ryu, Hyunsook Kim, Effects of Job’s Tear(Yul-Moo) extracts on mouse immune cell activation, Journal of the korean diabetic association, 2005;11:44-50.
- GLU-CPA II, Comparison of Immunomodulatory Effects of Various Origin -glucans on the CPAinduced Immunosuppress Mice, Department of Herbal Biotechnology; Daegu Haany University, Regular Report. 2007:1-21 (Responsible scientist: Lee HS).
- Octagam is Efficacious for Treating Primary Immuno deficiency Diseases, Medical Letter on the CDC & FDA, July 2004;11:52.
- Jorunn BJ, Bqrre R, Yeast -glucan stimulates respiratory burst activity of atlantic salmon macrophages, Developmental and Comparative Immunology, 1995;19:43-57. https://doi.org/10.1016/0145-305X(94)00045-H
- Artursson P, Edman P, Ericsson JLE, Macrophage stimulation with some structurally related polysaccharides, Scand J. Immunol, 1987;25:245-251. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-3083.1987.tb01070.x
Korean Journal of Oriental Medicine
Volume 15 Issue 3 / Pages.83-91 / 2009 / 1229-3377(pISSN)
ข้อมูลเพิ่มเติม : http://www.koreascience.or.kr/article/JAKO200926064156271.page